Sunday, July 13, 2008

Boo Hoo!

I'm afraid I have put off doing this week's blog as long as I could as I do not enjoy writing the very last blog of the school year, and acknowledging the fact that my wonderful class will soon belong to someone else.

Yes...here it is! The very last week. But hey! What a great one!

We begin the week with our annual trip to Gulliver's World. We will be returning before the end of the school day so please collect your child as normal from the classroom door. I'm sure we will have a great time!

The rest of the week is pretty normal. Mmm...not a word I often use for the Foundation Stage.

Some time this week the children will spend a little time with Mrs Worrall as part of their transition into Year 1. Mrs Worrall will be posting activities for the children over the summer holidays so they hit to ground running in September. The link is http://year1weeklyupdate.blogspot.com

I too will be sending home a pack of information to keep the momentuum going as you'd be surprised how much the children forget if they don't practice their high frequency words over the holidays.

On Thursday, the children can bring in a toy for toy day.

And Friday...I think we all know what happens on Friday. This year is particularly hard as the Year 6 that are leaving us were my very first class at St Vincent's. Kleenex are going to see profits rise this week!

Finally, a huge THANKYOU to you! You've been great parents. Your support has been of unquantifiable value.

Have a great summer and see you in September.

Jayne Narraway and the Foundation Stage Team xxx

No comments: